Briefly in EN, RU and other languages

Briefly in Russian and tips for residents in different languages in the side menu on the right.

Safe, cosy and affordable rented housing in Kotka

Kotkan Asunnot Oy offers rented housing ranging from small apartments of one bedroom and kitchenette in apartment buildings to apartments of four rooms and kitchen in terraced houses. Kotkan Asunnot has rented apartments in different parts of Kotka, available at reasonable rental prices.

How to apply for housing

You can apply for housing from Kotkan Asunnot through the following means:

Housing application (www, in Finnish)
Housing application form (pdf, in English)
Housing application form (pdf, in Finnish)

Before applying you can read more information about our rental houses (in Finnish).

Getting to know the apartment

When we have found a suitable apartment for you, we will send you a text message, e-mail message or letter. The message contains information on the apartment and whom you can contact if you wish to see the apartment first. In many cases, the apartment will be presented by its current occupant or the house maintenance company. Visit the apartment first, and then please let our office know whether you take the apartment or not.

Rental security deposit

Before signing the rental agreement, you must pay the rental security deposit to us. Depending on your previous rent payment history, the amount of the rental security deposit corresponds to one or two month’s rent or at least 350 euros. Alternatively, you can deliver a voucher given by Kela. A receipt of the payment of the rental security deposit must be presented before signing the rental agreement.

We will refund the rental security deposit to you after the rental agreement has finished, when the rents have been paid in accordance with the agreement, when the apartment is clean after moving out, and if the apartment has not been damaged intentionally or due to negligence.

Pre-compeletd tax return and a certificate of monthly income

Other documents we need before signing the rental agreement is pre-completed tax return and a certificate of your monthly income. You can find the pre-completed tax return in MyTax. A certificate of the monthly income can be a certificate of pay, study grant, basic unemployment benefit, labour market subsidy, sickness allowance, rehabilitation subsidy or pension.

Signing of rental agreement

The rental agreement is signed at our office, or you can sign it electrically, if you have bank ID’s. When the reantal agreement comes into force, the house maintenance company will give you the keys to your new home. Do not terminate your previous housing before we have confirmed your new rented home!

Rules and tips for housing

Rules and regulations
Tips for residents

Welcome to our office to ask for more information!

Kotkan Asunnot